Friday, January 23, 2009

The kids have been back to school for about 2 weeks now. Boy, was I ready for them to go - I thought. I was probably the first mom there on that first day to pick them up. It was utterly booooooring at my house without those two cute, adorable little trouble makers. Don't worry, I got into the groove very quickly and am enjoying my (somewhat) off time. Just last week I started teaching a german Mommy and Me class. I'm definitely stepping outside of my comfort zone. Teaching is not my strong point and besides having to figure out how to do it best, I have to teach 1 year olds and then a class of 2 - 4 year olds. So, there is some teaching involved, somewhere, somehow,.... and a lot of entertaining and trying to keep everybody somewhat focused.
We had visitors from Pennsylvania for a week early January. Not us actually, but kinda. I explain: Jays Aunt Annette and Uncle Bumper (yes, that's what everybody knows him as) came down to visit. Jays mom didn't know anything, so we were able to pull off a super surprise. There were a lot of tears and a ton of "Oh, my god! Oh, my god!....." It was awesome. So we spent a lot of evenings over at Gerri's (Jays mom) house and had a ton of good food. Our niece Kaitlyn babysat Friday night and we all went out for some drinks. It's been at least 5 years since I've danced as much as I did that night, if not many more. It's been so long, that I honestly don't remember. Everybody had a great time! It was an awesome visit and we are very appreciative of them making the trip down here.

This past weekend we were fortunate enough to have our family from Little Rock visit us. We all enjoyed our time with Rod and Lenore and it was simply awesome to have them here for 2 full days. We cherish those times, since they don't come around too often. You know, those working folks. The weather has been sooooo cold here, that we weren't able to do a whole bunch. One trip to Bridge Street and back. It was successful though, since the kids got to blow of some steam, Grandmama got some shopping done and we all split a nice, big, juicy caramel and chocolate covered apple w/ pecans. It was sooo good!

Luke had his 4 year check up on Monday and he wanted his PapPap (aka Rod) to come along. That was sweet and PapPap didn't have a problem doing it (which was even sweeter). If you're wondering, Lukes Pediatricians schedule is running just a couple of months behind. Luke did great and he only cried while the shots were administered. What a big boy!!! He did milk it for all it's worth at school the next day. The teachers told me he was constantly saying: I can't do that, b/c I had my shots....

Lani is a chatterbox. Unfortunately most people can't understand her very well, but she tries. Big Bro and I understand most everything and Daddy does pretty well too. Luke plays translator at times, it's great. She is pretty much fluent in both languages though and forms mostly complete sentences. Lani has come such a long way from being the baby that she was (I'm sure you know!!!!).

Here are some recent pics.

Our silly girl!

Luke playing the Wii

Lani playing the Wii

Luke and Lani playing with Daddy's hats

No comments: