Happy New Year to everyone. I wish you a very happy and healthy year and that your dreams and hopes for 2009 will come true.
We had a fun New Years Eve this year...well, actually last year. Some friends came over and we had a very casual and laid back evening. The kids had a blast of course. There were 2 boys and 3 little girls. The first family left shortly before 11pm - their little girl was about to fall asleep while standing up and their grandmother had actually arrived from Germany that evening. Two very tired ladies! The rest of us kept "partying" until midnight. Partying is an exaggeration, when I think back to earlier years. We had some champagne....okay, some kind of sparkling extremely sweet tasting alcoholic beverage. Fortunately our friends were more prepared than us and brought some fireworks. Luke had a blast (so did the other boys, Daddies Jay and Aaron). Little Lani thought it was a lot safer to watch from inside. No surprise there.
That was our event. It was fun and I am impressed that my kids were able to stay awake that long. And do you want to know what time they got up the next day? Hint: They went to bed at 12:3AM. If you guessed at their usual time, you guessed correctly. Lani was at our bed at 6:43am and Luke showed up at 7am. So, any of you that have children that sleep late (and sleep during car rides for that matter) be happy. MINE DON'T.
I don't have any pics today. Sorry!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya all!!! Nice to hear you had a great time. We stayed out till 2 A.M. and then slept in till 10. I think we are getting too old for this stuff. Hugs and kisses.
Post a Comment