Monday, March 9, 2009

There is a reason for the saying: If you don't like the weather in Alabama, just wait a two days and it'll be different. This is true for the most part (fortunately the sun shines much more than just for 2 days in a row). Last Sunday we were playing in the snow and since Friday we've been wearing T-shirts and today even shorts. Now, how crazy is that? Needless to say we've been enjoying the warm weather and have been outside. We've been to the playground twice, have been swinging and jumping in the backyard, playing with chalk and cars on the driveway, riding bikes,.....




Lani had her first dentist appointment this morning. Since Lani used to be so shy, I didn't really expect her to get her teeth checked and cleaned. We watched big bro Luke get his teeth done before it was Lani's turn. She hopped up onto the chair and let the lady do her thing. The kids dentist is great in making kids comfortable, having funny names for all tools and showing and explaining them before using. Once the hygienist was finished, the doctor came over to take a look. He talked to Lani a bit and asked her how she was doing,... She didn't answer. The doctor kept on chatting and suddenly Lani said: I don't like you! I had to control myself to not bust out laughing. It caught me completely off guard. She was very serious about how she said it, yet let him check her teeth. This was a first!!





Our big boy surprised everybody today at Karate. He had to do 70 bunny hops for bad behavior (not at class, but at home!!! I'm not gonna go into detail, I would have to write an entire novel just about that one subject) and he did them all. Jay said Luke could have kept going. The instructor didn't expect that and neither did Daddy, who took him to class. Once he was home, he kept right on going, like he hadn't done anything physical at all. I seriously need to consider getting a treadmill with a cage for my son, maybe then I'll be able to tire him out.





No comments: