Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break

I have to admit that I was a bit unsure about spring break this year. Not having met my own expectations of parenting skills in recent weeks, it wasn't a comforting thought to have my two angels home with me all week. It wasn't without any struggles, fights and tears, but overall we had a really good time and enjoyed spending the extra time together.

The Friday before the actual spring break, the kids and I headed to Little Rock. It was Grandmamas birthday and we hadn't seen them in a while, so we spend a couple of days with them. Needless to say, we had a great time, as always. I just really like being there, because (besides the obvious of being with family) we can just walk out the front door and take a stroll. Very close to their house is a street with very interesting shops. Some artsy, some tasty and some just a little crazy. Every time I'm there, a walk down this street is a must. The kids found some walls do walk along and got some hot chocolate, which made it even more fun for them. We went to a kids play of Busytown on Saturday and really enjoyed it as well. Thanks PapPap and Grandmama! Lani sat through the whole thing, which really impressed me. Luke and Lani fell in love with one of the cats. Sidekick, aka Lunker is a very sweet, fun loving cat. We believe he enjoyed the kids attention, even though it was a little rough at times. He kept coming back for more. Very sweet! Monday came around and we drove back home.

Tuesday was St. Patricks Day! Silke and her son Liam met us downtown at the park, where the boys chased the poor ducks to no end before we headed to the courthouse to watch the parade. The boys thought it was awesome. Lani didn't like the horn of the fire truck, but just covered her ears and didn't start crying. She has grown up!!! She's a big girl now. Afterward Luke and Liam abused the ducks some more. What can I say.... boys will be boys.

Wednesday was playground day. Thursday we just stayed home and played with Maria, Isabela and Gabriel, our neighbors. Friday we spent hours at Sci-quest. Saturday Jay went with the kids to the playground, so I could clean in peace and we went to Bridge Street in the afternoon. Luke and Lani jumped on the moon bounces, had their face painted, got a balloon and had a good time once again. And to finish off Spring Break we spent 4 hours at the playground on Monday.

I took some pictures, but since my dear husband put the memory card of the camera in the Wii the pictures are on the internal memory and I can't find the cable to download. Therefore pictures will be added at a later point.

No comments: