Alrighty, it's been a while again. I just hope that I'll be able to get my life organized again someday. I never quite realized what people were talking about, this being the hectic time of year. Having made sure to get the shopping done early and being somewhat organized, it still has been really really busy the past two weeks. Christmas party here, there and everywhere. Oh, don't think I'm complaining. They were all fun and as you probably know, I love a party, no matter where or when. Nevertheless, I haven't gotten things done, this blog being one of them.
Here a little summary of the different parties. On December 6th was Nikolaustag. That's always that date and this year it was a saturday. There you have it, a weekend and a reason, all that's necessary for a party. We got our german community and some american friends together, everybody brought some goodies, we had organized a nice clubhouse and most important a german Nikolaus. Well, the german part isn't essential, but it was great, since most of the kids speak german and it is a german holiday. Luke said a little Christmas rhyme and Lani sang Twinkle, Twinkle little star for Nikolaus. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten any gifts from him. That's the rule and of course I told my kids about that rule (it's not mean, is it?).
Last week we had the Christmas parties at school. It is so incredible and exciting to see how much Lani has changed during the first half of the school year. She has grown up a lot and has become much more confident around other people. She can still be clingy and shy, yet nothing compared to before. And..if I haven't told you already...she is everything BUT shy and calm at home. Lanis party was fun, but unfortunately they didn't have a little show this year. We all enjoyed each other though. Luke's party was a lot of fun. Since they are a little older, they had quite a show and he was one of the biggest participants. He loves to sing (why wouldn't he, he loves to talk all day long, so why not sing too, right?!) and dance. That boy's got some rhythm too. Jay and I are really proud of our two kiddos.
Most of the pictures below (and the one above) are from Santa's Village. We went there last week. It's in Huntsvilles constitution village and it's all decked out for christmas and kids. They had a maze, cookie decorating, reindeer, snow machine, Santa, Mrs. Santa, choir music, sleigh,.... The kids had a blast and therefore we did too.
We were making christmas cookies - huge mess, tons of fun
Luke is trying to control his imaginary reindeer A little girl and her daddy, or maybe
A daddy and his little girl
Smiley boy
One proud mommy
Our Christmas tree.....or what it looked like that day (changes daily, due to the decorating sense of our daughter)
Help, help, my kids need beds. They have to sleep in the tree box!!! Donations are gladly accepted at our location :O)
3 comments:
Hello all,
I just told you how much I love reading your stories and looking at the pictures but I didn't realize I missed this one. Although the season is quite busy and exhausting you are making beautiful memories with your little ones and we certainly know how quick they grow up. Enjoy every minute! Now I see the little bakers hard at work. I though Mom Mom's cookies were good until I tasted Luke and Lani's. They were YUMMY! Nice job on the tree, I hope your special ornament from Bethlehem is on there. Now, what's this about Lani sleeping in a box. That poor little girl. I guess I will have to tell Poppy he has to reach deep in his pockets and help out.
Well, keep up the good work with letter writing and have a Very Merry Christmas. We love you all and pray for a better and brighter New Year. God willing! Hugs and kisses.
They are so cute!!! I miss them! I can just picture Luke singing his little heart out. I know it had to be quite a show! Sophie is definitely following in Lani's footsteps in every way, from the crying all the time as a baby to being very clingy and shy around other people and loud and crazy at home. How funny is that? I'll HAVE to keep in touch with you guys so I can see what Lani's doing and know what to expect from Sophie the following year! Have a merry Christmas and can't wait to see you in February!
Mom Mom,
yes, the Bethlehem ornament is all the way at the top (so little hands can't reach it) in the front. If you click on the tree picture to enlarge, you'll see it.
Sure, tell Poppy that his poor little granddaughter has to sleep in a box. *grin
Post a Comment