
Alright, I created this account a few weeks ago, thinking I would start writing what's happening on a (hopefully) weekly basis or worst case bi-weekly basis. Well.....it has not started very well at all, has it?! I guess I will do, as I do so often, I will try to better myself. Bet you have heard that one before. We shall see......or read.
Luke and Lani are down for a nap right now after a fun morning at school. (Okay, it's supposed to be, but Lani is just talking and screeching in her bed. You know how it is, right?!) Luke is loving his school and asks about every morning if it's a school day. He goes Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. By Friday he would be okay to go to school, but he is happy to just stay home with me. Which that's good for my mommy heart. He calls Tuesday and Thursday "Eli Day", since that is when his buddy Eli is at school too. They really love each other and it is so cute to see the two of them together. Lani on the other hand is a different story. She is alright now, but didn't like being away from me at all in the beginning. She likes the school and the teachers, but just didn't like being away from me. That was hard for me. My mind knows it's okay and I am not damaging her for life, but it was a different story for my heart. Ever heard of the expression: Mommy guilt? Well, yeah, thats a major thing in my life. Now, after about 5 weeks of school, Lani is learning that I come and pick her up with a big smile on my face. I love when they walk out of that school towards me. They are sooooo cute.
Luke and Lani are down for a nap right now after a fun morning at school. (Okay, it's supposed to be, but Lani is just talking and screeching in her bed. You know how it is, right?!) Luke is loving his school and asks about every morning if it's a school day. He goes Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. By Friday he would be okay to go to school, but he is happy to just stay home with me. Which that's good for my mommy heart. He calls Tuesday and Thursday "Eli Day", since that is when his buddy Eli is at school too. They really love each other and it is so cute to see the two of them together. Lani on the other hand is a different story. She is alright now, but didn't like being away from me at all in the beginning. She likes the school and the teachers, but just didn't like being away from me. That was hard for me. My mind knows it's okay and I am not damaging her for life, but it was a different story for my heart. Ever heard of the expression: Mommy guilt? Well, yeah, thats a major thing in my life. Now, after about 5 weeks of school, Lani is learning that I come and pick her up with a big smile on my face. I love when they walk out of that school towards me. They are sooooo cute.
2 comments:
Miss you guys. Wish you could come on down to Florida for some R&R. Hopefully some time soon.
Christopher needs a big brother around, and he still talks about Luke and how "luke gave me bike".
-brandon
Thanks. I wish we had been able to come down. Hopefully it won't be long though. Life here just isn't the same without the Hemphills.
Post a Comment