Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Summary of a few weeks

Okay, I don't even want to know exactly how much time has gone by since my last (and actually first) entry. I'll just move on!

Things got a little busy here for a brief period of time. We are kinda looking for a new house and actually found one we like, or shall I write "liked". The offer was made, accepted and then came the Home Inspection. That didn't go over so well and the Seller wanted to reduce the price and not get the actual work done. From working in the remodeling business I know that there are often hidden problems. Anyway, no deal! So now we are happy again/still in our house here and wait for something else to come up. Who knows, with the way the economy is, it's probably better that way.

The kids are doing great. Lani is learning so much from Luke. It's amazing. And if you are wondering whether it's good stuff or bad...well both. She can almost sing the ABC song and can count a little. Luke sings the song: One, Two buckle my shoe... a lot and Lani sings with him. Half her words are completely mispronounced but she gets the numbers right. The song ends with: Nine, Ten - a big fat hen... and Lani changed the lyrics to Nine, Ten - a big fat hell. Oops!

They both still talk about Germany a lot. Luke and Lani talk about everybody often and slowly but surely I am getting more information from Luke about what he experienced when I wasn't around (like the hiking trip with Opi). He talks so much that I sometimes just feel like taping his mouth shut, but yet, I don't really get informed about valuable, interesting or important things by my son. So what does he talk about every day, all day long, every second that he's awake? Just jibberjabber as I call it. Oh yeah, Luke solution to our problem with the school district that we live in is: Let's just move to Omi and Opi. The school are good there!

A few weeks ago we went to Little Rock to visit PapPap and Grandmama (aka Rod and Lenore). As always we have a ton of fun, but the time is too short. Since Lani has grown up so much and isn't the shy little thing anymore, Grandmama finally has gotten some of the loving she so patiently has been waiting for. While I appreciated her patience (we all now people that just want to make kids do things they don't want) I was very happy Lani has opened up. Luke wasn't a problem, as you can imagine. He hasn't met a stranger yet.

Here are some Halloween pictures. Our son is sooo obsessed with Superheros. He is always playing Superman, Spiderman or Batman. Where he get's it, I don't know. He has never seen any cartoon or movie of any of those. It's fun to watch him and listen to him come up with all these things the superheros do. I have to remind him though, that they are good and do good things (like don't hit sister, don't backtalk to Mommy,...). Doesn't he look cute as Batman? Since we don't have a costume for Lani yet, she is wearing Luke's Puppy from 2 years ago. Jay is determined to turn Lani into the Joker though.

1 comment:

Brittny said...

that's great! we were going to get Christopher a Batman costume, but they were either too small or too big, so we went with Dash from The Incredibles. It's cute! We missed you at the beach last weekend, but I know you needed to be at your friend's wedding. We'll do it again soon enough! The kids are so cute and we miss you guys terribly! Talk to you soon!